Hello Crowned Creative! You are now viewing a Confident Canvas!
I’m LaQuisha, an entrepreneur, educator and crowned Christian creative. Covering my hands with paint makes my soul leap but it’s not what I did for a long time!
As a small child, I told people that when I grew up I wanted to be a bird (specifically, I loved peacocks!). As a pre-teen, I wanted to be a fashion designer. As I was preparing for college, I was told that art would not pay my bills. So now, I have a BA in English and a MAT in Secondary Education (LOL). Even while working as and becoming an award-winning educator, I have spent most of my time being creative by empowering a variety of audiences with presentations about confidence, advocating for those who have been abused, mentoring teen girls and dressing up (or down) for a fashion blog.
March 2016 changed everything and rekindled my creative fire! I began Bible Art Journaling (after discovering it online) as a Spring Break activity for relaxation. It turned into so much more after I posted my first page on social media. I also have a passion for mixed media, journaling and hand lettering which I have found I had been using in everything I have done for years.
I feel so incredibly blessed to be creative like my Creator (God) and share my passion with you! I love, love, love what I do. I hope you are inspired as I truly believe it’s never too late to follow your creative passions with confidence.
A few professional facts…
Since beginning Confident Canvas, I have had the honor of being a Public Relations representative for some awesome brands!
- Silk + Sonder (November 2021-present) | Code: LAQUISHA15OFF
- Fir & Yew (September 2021-present) | Code: LAQUISHA10
- Illustrated Faith (July 2020-present)
- Studio Calico (February 2021-present)
- Erin Condren (April 2018-present)
- The Planner Society (2018-2021)
I have also fulfilled creative projects for and been featured on POSCA, Post It, Passion Planner, Goldmine and Coco, Documented Faith, A Pile of Ashes and Print Pray Slay.
I am an Amazon bestseller and have been read internationally as the author and co-author of more than 10 books! Creative books I am featured in are A Workbook Guide to Bible Journaling and the Purple Poetry Book 2021 You can read about my other books here.
In 2015, my artwork appeared on Couture’d Cards, the #ReignAndRise Collection. In February 2016, my artwork appeared on the cover of my own journals, The SLAY Collection. Early 2017, I created my own planner! Check them out here.
In April 2016, I started putting my artwork on canvases. In April 2019, I hosted my first art gallery!
A few random facts about me…
- I get up at least 5 days a week at 5 a.m. and begin my morning routine.
- I am a recovering perfectionist, so much that I would have straightened the paintings on the wall in your house.
- I’m 5’10″ and I change my hair styles and clothes a lot. I used to run a fashion blog called Corner Curl Girl.
- I am the oldest of 4 beautiful sisters.
- I’m gregarious and extremely confident. I prefer friends who cling to Christ and not people.
- I love reading and writing so much that I have published more than 100 Baltimore City scholars. Check out a news clip here!
- I love the colors purple, teal and gold. Each of these colors mean something to me personally and they look great together.
- I am from the south but my hubby does all of the cooking.
- I have no tattoos. I prefer drawing on paper, lol.
- I am a former pageant queen many times over from 2008 to the 2013 Mrs. Essence.
- My favorite book of the bible is Nehemiah. I believed God strengthened my hands for a great work just as He did for Nehemiah.
- I never let a day go by without greeting a young lady or woman with “Hey queen!” or anyone else with “Praise the Lord!”
I’m so glad you stopped by. I hope you’ll stick around and find something that inspires you!
LaQuisha: THE Confident Canvas