Hello Royalty! You are now viewing a Confident Canvas!
I’m LaQuisha, an entrepreneur, educator and dreamer. Being creative makes my soul leap but it’s not what I did for a long time!
As a small child, I told people that when I grew up I wanted to be a peacock. As a pre-teen, I wanted to be a fashion designer. As I was preparing to leave high school, I told my dad that I wanted to go to college for art. He told me that I was not going to pay all of that money to draw. So now, I have a BA in English and a MAT in Secondary Education (LOL). Even while working as an educator, I have spent most of my time empowering a variety of audiences with presentations about confidence, advocating for those who have been abused, mentoring teen girls and dressing up (or down) for my fashion blog.
March 2016 changed everything and rekindled my creative fire! I began Bible Art Journaling (after discovering it online) as a Spring Break activity for relaxation. It turned into so much more after I posted my results on social media. I also have a passion for painting and hand lettering and I have found that I have been using it in everything I do for years.
I feel so incredibly blessed to be creative and share my passion with you! I love, love, love what I do. I hope people are inspired by my talent. I truly believe it’s never too late to follow your creative passions with confidence.
A few professional facts…
Since beginning Confident Canvas, I have had the honor of being a Public Relations representative for some awesome brands! A Pile of Ashes and Print Pray Slay (July-September 2017), Documented Faith (October-December 2017) and kicking of the 2018 year representing Goldmine and Coco! If you are interested in owning some fabulous stickers use Confident20 at checkout!
My work was featured on the Illustrated Faith Instagram account 7 times 2017. I am too hype about this!
I have written multiple books (I am an Amazon best-seller and have been read internationally). You can read all about them here.
In 2015, my artwork appeared on Couture’d Cards, the #ReignAndRise Collection. In February 2016, my artwork appeared on the cover of my own journals, The SLAY Collection. Early 2017, I created my own planner! Check them out here.
In April 2016, I started putting my artwork on canvases. To date, I have sold every single canvas except one.
A few random facts about me…
- I get up at least 5 days a week at 4 a.m. and drink a glass of water.
- I am a perfectionist, so much that I will straighten the paintings on the wall in your house.
- I’m 5’9″ and I change my hair styles and clothes lot. Check out my fashion blog here.
- I am the oldest of 3 beautiful sisters.
- I’m friendly and extremely confident. Insults roll off of me like a wet duck’s back.
- I love reading and writing so much that I published 70 of my students in 2016 and 2017. Check out a news clip here!
- I love the colors purple, teal and gold. Each of these colors mean something to me personally and they look great together.
- I am from the south but my hubby does all of the cooking.
- I have no tattoos. I prefer drawing on paper, lol.
- I am a former beauty queen many times over. My favorite title was Mrs. Essence.
- My favorite book of the bible is Nehemiah. I believed God strengthened my hands for a great work just as He did for Nehemiah.
- I never let a day go by without greeting a young lady or woman with “Hey queen!” or anyone else with “Praise the Lord!”
I’m so glad you stopped by. I hope you’ll stick around and find something that inspires you!
LaQuisha: THE Confident Canvas