Together, we can stop the silence.
Stop the Silence® is a division of The Institute on Violence, Abuse, and Trauma (IVAT) with a mission to expose and stop child sexual abuse (CSA) and help survivors worldwide. Thanks to the efforts of experts and healers around the globe, we’re preventing CSA and promoting healing of victims and survivors and celebrating the lives of those healed. This brave collaboration brings together real stories and powerful tools from 23 practitioners and survivors across the globe who have been on the front lines of the fight for justice and healing. Together, we’re normalizing the conversations around sexual abuse, bringing awareness to our communities, and empowering victims and their families.
I am so excited to share my 16th publication with you all, Stop the Silence: Thriving After Child Sexual Abuse. In chapter 2, I share my story and creative strategy in Becoming a Confident Canvas: Creating During the Healing Journey.
LaQuisha Hall tells a story of manipulation and molestation and how they each deal with abuse. When 14-year-old Aliyana lost her innocence, her mother did the best she could while Pastor Whitaker seeks to be the final solution to what he perceives to be their problem. He’s determined to be the man in their lives. However, his form of healing only amounts to harm, leaving Aliyana feeling burdened, betrayed and baffled.
If you have been sexually abused or are the parent of a child who has been, this book will reflect aspects of your story. Added to the fiction are hard core truths, including the fact that one in every three girls and one in every five boys are sexually abused before their eighteenth birthday. Hall shares valuable advice for both the victims and their loved ones to move forward with their heads high and hearts open.
- Stop the Silence: Thriving After Child Sexual Abuse (2023)
- Keeping the Wonder: An Educator’s Guide to Magical, Engaging & Joyful Learning (2021)
- Purple Poetry Book: 12th Edition (2021)
- See Me With Clarity (2020)
- Let’s Stop Calling It An Achievement Gap: A Volume in Contemporary Perspectives on Access, Equity & Achievement (2019)
- Emerge: Upgrade From Existing to Living Your Bold, Fearless Abundance Life Now (2019)
- I Am the C.E.O: Chief Executive Overcomer (2019)
- A Workbook Guide to Bible Journaling (2018)
- A City Unspoken (2017)
- Repositioned Crowns: Queens Who Snatched Back Their Rightful Position (2017)
- Renegotiating Greatness: 21 Lessons from Bold Entrepreneurs Who Have Built Successful Brands (2017)
- Behind the Scenes of a Phenomenal Woman (2016)
- One Nation, One Heart (2016)
- Unholy Communion (2015)
- Moments in Herstory: From Pain to Purpose (2014)
- Positively Bodyful (2013)
- From One Queen to Another: A Teen Girl’s Guide to Queendom (2010)