7 Ways to Stay on Track with Your Bible Reading Plan

Hey Royalty! I am too thrilled to begin a new year with a new bible reading plan! This year, I will be reading the Beloved Society 2018 Scripture Reading Plan! It is a year-long, chronological order plan created by one of my favorite bible journaling artists, Beth La Fleur!

unnamed (2)

I have experienced this before: a new year, a new reading plan. I understand the preparation and excitement that accompanies the journey. I also understand the feeling of failure if the plan is not executed exactly the way it was envisioned. There is a strategy for staying motivated and encouraged through the process. Here are 7 ways to stay on top of your goal of completing your plan:

1. Stay focused on the goal. Often times you start a bible reading plan, read through it quickly and then just check off the task on your to-do list. That is not the purpose of the goal. You are supposed to be learning more about and drawing closer to God. Check that off the list instead!
  2. Stay connected. God did many things in the bible in pairs! The message: don’t do it alone! Get with a partner, friends or online groupย  or others who are reading the same plan. Get together electronically or meet up to break bread; discuss what you are reading for additional encouragement or as a just check in.
  3. Stay flexible. So you have read the King James Version for years… that doesn’t mean that you have to read the bible for understanding in the same way. Reading other versions or listening to audio is a great way to add variety and another level of understanding to your study.
  4. Stay approved. The bible says to study to show yourself approved… the key is to study. You will will experience days where you have plenty of time to read and you may even read ahead of the plan. However, there may also be days where you cannot fathom opening any book. If you miss a day (or two) be encouraged to keep up with God, not with a deadline.
  5. Stay creative. Finding a unique way to track your progress, journaling or illustrating in your bible is a way to study creatively. Even if you cannot do this daily, don’t leave it out of your study time. By the way, click here for a FREE 2018 resource for tracking your daily reading habits!
  6. Stay loaded with resources. You may become discouraged if you are reading and not understanding what you are reading. Pray before beginning and arm yourself with useful tools, like bible study devotionals and guides, the internet and concordances.
  7. Stay pumped. The bible says to seek the Lord with all of your heart. Your heart should be pumping for God, but this does not mean that everyday will be an awesome day. Even on the days when you are not feeling your best, move forward with the reading plan and watch God answer the prayers of your heart!

Now that you know my strategy, here is a look inside my Beloved Society Devotional book (in these clips are every single devotional that Beth has put out since the first one, My Nannieโ€™s Song!)

What is your bible reading plan for the year? Comment below!

xo,

LaQuisha

THE Confident Canvas

30 thoughts on “7 Ways to Stay on Track with Your Bible Reading Plan

1. Maria (Simply.Sharing) says:

Thank you for the tips! I have never successfully completed a yearly Bible reading plan ๐Ÿ˜”, but I hope tol this year with the encouragement of others around me who are also doing it.
    P.S I love your new website and all of the additions to your ministry! May God continue to bless you as you share Him and bless others.

Liked by 1 person

2. Laura says:

Your live IG was the encouragement I needed to get back in my bible daily. Thank you for sharing your plan and letting me know where to download the resource and even a FB group to go along. Keep up the God work ๐Ÿ’•

Liked by 1 person

3. Passportsandgrub says:

I havenโ€™t read the Bible in ages. After being raised in a very religious household and becoming an adult I decided I donโ€™t need organized religion or the Bible to instill values in me that is at the core of all humans which is to be loved and treat others with kindness

Liked by 1 person

4. Ola says:

I like how you encourage readers to compare other versions of the Bible. Many words used in the king James version are no longer in use today. That could make the meaning of certain Bible verses on clear to the reader. Great advice.

Liked by 1 person

5. Amanda Hargrove says:

I am actually following a plan on the app You Version but reading from my Bible. I have never tried to accomplish this before so I pray I can hang in there. I am thankful for your tips to help me along the way. Love ya queen.

Liked by 1 person

6. Kay says:

Thanks for the tips. One of the things helping me this year is my church is also encouraging us to read the Bible this year. I feel like God is wanting me to READ since my bible journaling and church friends are all doing it.

Liked by 1 person

7. Cassie says:

Thank you for the tips! This is my first time completing a year long bible reading plan so your words were very encouraging. I just found your website and Iโ€™m loving the content! Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

8. cleverlychanging says:

For several years when I was in high school and college, I would read the Bible through. It was a calming experience for me. I decided to revisit it in 2018 and read the Bible though again. I am looking for to having a different reading experience now that I’m an adult, wife, and mother.

Liked by 1 person

9. petuniachick says:

I am doing the same Beth La Fleur reading plan. I love her heart and her beautiful illustrations! I am new to Bible journaling, but it has made me excited to spend time in the Word for the first time in my walk with Christ. Thank you so much for the tips and encouragement!

Liked by 1 person